Thursday, January 8, 2015

Lighting The Flatwoods Fuse

Lighting The Flatwoods Fuse
by Alfred Lehmberg

PART ONE



Here it is, then: proof positive that while I've "...eaten dead burnt bodies and still have veins in my teeth," I'm just another old softy when you boil me down to my component parts. Indeed, I wouldn't even bring this up but that I had too many witnesses. Caught blubbering like an old pensioner as a result of certain occurrences; however, poignant, I make my report.

Still, so as to put the first efficacious spin on it, thereby, I'll tell you myself, see? I was moved.

Seriously, what brought this blubbery verklempt-ness about... forgetting for a moment the "bodies and veins" of the preceding paragraph and the fact that, properly provoked? I am quite capable of pulling off an offending head and using the resultant neck for a field toilet. A former Senior TAC at the US Army's only Warrant Officer Candidate School, I've made former Navy SEALS, training for an Army Warrant, tense.

Pray, then. What precipitated my teary "verklemptitude (tm)"?

No comments: